2019 is READY for you! With tons of activities to do in Jax this week, we’re breaking down the ones that will make the most fun possible for you, so you can confidently say that you are ready for the third week of 2019 too. (You’re welcome!)
Wednesday, January 9
– Maybe you made a New Year’s Resolution to eat healthier, or maybe you’re looking for a Valentine’s Day gift for a special someone…Whatever the case, come support local businesses at the Avondale Arts & Farmer’s Market from 5-8pm for all your shopping needs!
– Every Wednesday, rain or shine, the Green Room Run is going down. At 7 pm, show up to our favorite brewery and get pumped to run, with a post-run beer reward, of course.
Thursday, January 10
– Ill Points & Metatone Events is presenting the Road to Ill Points here in Jacksonville! If you haven’t heard of the Ill Points Festival, it is a huge EDM/hip-hop lineup coming to Miami in February. But if you want a taste of that goodness now, it is right here in Jacksonville at Spliff’s at 9 pm, so get your ticket!
– So you may not have heard of GAAM, but they are known for throwing events revolving around video games. And Aardwolf Brewery is known for throwing fun events in general, like Drink & Draw! Anyone, whether team GAAM or not, can come out and make some awesome art while sippin’ on some alcoholic drinks. This is a FREE event.
Friday, January 11
– No need for a ticket; just make a $15 donation at the door and you’re in for Winter Jam! Comprised of various Newsboys United members, this year’s Winter Jam is sure to be a big hit! Come out to the Veterans Memorial Arena at 7 pm to listen to these iconic musical artists take the stage.
– To honor David Bowie, Eclipse Nightclub is throwing a retro dance party with a song by David Bowie every 30 minutes. They also have a tonnnn of drink specials and no cover before 9 pm. With tons of parking and a full liquor bar, how can you miss out?
Saturday, January 12
– Want to partake in a FREE festival at the Jacksonville Landing? The Crafts and Cravings Festival has regional crafters showcasing all of their desirable artwork! With food trucks, vendors, music, and giant yard games, this isn’t an event you want to miss.
– Trucks, Tails, & Ales at Main & Six Brewing Company is the only German Food truck in Jacksonville, Wurstbusters, and the BEST beer from Main & Six Brewing Company are teaming up for this pet-friendly event, including the FIRST-EVER pet food truck, Pet Wants! The goal is to raise food donations for the Jacksonville Humane Society, so come out at 4 pm!
Sunday, January 13
– For anyone that works in the fitness training world or just simply loves health & wellness, explore your entrepreneurship options for the quickly-growing fitness field! With a 2 hour presentation at Higher Pixels, the event is free to the first 5 guests and $25 thereafter. With a complimentary dinner and 1 on 1 consulting, definitely come if interested!
– With Swing Dance Sunday going on every week at 7 pm, why not improve those swing dance skills at The Volstead? 7-10pm, prepare yourself for a fun time for a dance move that is far too underrated.
Monday, January 14
– On Mondays at Rue Saint-Marc, enjoy special pricing on select bottles of champagne and sparkling wine! If you need to spruce up your week with a hot date, bring him or her out to Rue Saint-Marc on a Monday for Bubbles and Pearls, and set the romantic scene while snagging great deals.
– Hamburger Mary’s is ready to raise funds for charity with BINGO! It is only $10 to enter and you are supporting a good cause, so no excuses. Just kidding…kind of. Bingo starts at 7 pm, so bring all your friends and get ready to rumble
Tuesday, January 15
– Attention, everyone! We have a new PUB. At 5 pm, let’s welcome Culhane’s Irish Pub off Southside! Taste all of the deliciousness with free food and spirit samples for the first 200 guests! Live music, no reservations. What more could you ask?
2019 is already packed with a ton of fun things to do and good causes for society! So if you say you’re bored or already feeling let down with the new year, then you are simply wrong. Get out and experience all of the glory of Jacksonville, and when you do make sure to share us in your fun using #FrayLife #JaxFray on social.
Speaking of all the fun stuff to do in Jax this month, have you hit up any of these 24 January bucket list ideas yet!?
View More Articles By Lexi Aughenbaugh