It’s getting chilly but a week of bar crawls, morning runs, and carb overload will help you find balance. Our beach time is seriously lacking. So what else is there to do in Jax this week? Don’t worry – there’s a lot!
Read on for another week of fun stuff to do all around Jacksonville, and don’t forget to share us in your adventures this holiday weekend by tagging #FrayLife #JaxFray so we can share on social!
Wednesday, November 21
– It’s getting close to Thanksgiving so we are all looking to feast upon food and overindulge in some drinking to celebrate the festivities. While you’re at it, head over to King Street District in Jacksonville for their Wild Turkey Pub Crawl. Starts at 5 PM, y’all.
– At Lola’s Burrito & Burger Joint, they’re ready for a good Friendsgiving by bringing back the best Thanksgiving episodes from Friends! Draft your best squad and bring it in at 7:30 PM for some ultimate Friends trivia.
Thursday, November 22 – Thanksgiving!
– Every year, everyone likes to party in Neptune Beach on Thanksgiving. At Pete’s Bar, Lemon Bar, and all the local shops surrounding these amazing establishments expect the yearly Thanksgiving parade with all the holiday specials! The whole town comes out so go ahead and come socialize.
– Just a stone’s throw away from the St. John’s River, the Thanksgiving Distance Classic has a scenic little figure-eight course taking you through the heart of Jax. Whether you feel brave enough for a half marathon or just want to ball out on a 5K, sign up and earn your Thanksgiving meal!
#FrayLife Tip: Don’t forget to check out our blog that covers all the fun things to do this Thanksgiving!
Friday, November 23
– What’s a better way to get in the Christmas spirit than buying crafty gifts for your family & friends? At the Prime Osborn Convention Center, prepare for a Christmas Made in the South with tons of pottery, jewelry, sculptures, woodworking, photography, and so much more!
– Okay, Thanksgiving has now passed…So our minds are looking forward to the next holiday…Christmas! What’s a better way to celebrate than a drive through some twinkling, pretty lights? Head to Jax Illuminations beautiful drive-through spectacle with Christmas music, scenery, and much more. It will be LIT (I’m punny).
Saturday, November 24
– The Jacksonville Light Boat Parade is making its return this weekend with tons of dazzling boats on the St. John’s River! It is free to attend, but realistically you get the whole she-bang with a VIP ticket. That includes a buffet, two alcoholic beverages, and a dessert station. Come out and cap off the night with the 9 PM fireworks show!
– Want to see a dope, camo Hummer drive along the quaint little town of Springfield, with Santa riding shotgun? Perfect. Enjoy this Historic Main Street Cruise! Santa and Mrs. Claus will be there along with the Marine Corps Reserve to collect all the goodies for Toys for Tots. Bring a full heart and a donation!
Sunday, November 25
– Whenever our Jags have an away game, we usually go drink at a bar somewhere. But what about drinking with all of your closet friends AND your closest pups? You can do it all at Kanine Social! It’s only $15 for non-members and they have $3 J’Ville Lagers and a food truck.
#FrayLifeTip: Keep in mind that you should create an account and upload your cute doggie’s vet records including Rabies, Bordetella, and Distemper so they can keep it safe & healthy!
Monday, November 26
– You’ve probably heard of Cyber Monday, but have you heard it’s a chance for you to double your dollar with Jax Fray!? That’s right, winter league registration is in full swing and if you spend $15, you’ll get $30 credit added to your account to be used towards future DC Fray leagues and events! This is a ONE DAY DEAL ONLY. See full details and claim your deal here.
– Join other Jags fans and save lives at the Holiday Hero Tealgate Blood Drive! You have all day, starting at 11 AM, to head out to TIAA Bank Field and be a contributor. All donors get a free Jags game ticket and holiday blanket, so make an appointment and a help someone who needs ya.
– CrossFit is launching their first-ever Barbell Club right here in Jacksonville on November 26th at 6 PM! With International Beach Games-winner, Mike Esposito, as the program coach, you should sign up if you’re ready to lift some serious weight! If you’re ready for a committed 13 week training program, get started now.
Tuesday, November 27
– The holiday hype is at a bit of a standstill right now, so take advantage of a more relaxed Tuesday with some bingo! At the Mellow Mushroom in Tinseltown, get a squad and join in on some free bingo at 7:30. Play for food, fun, and prizes!
– At Hammer & Stain, you can learn some awesome mosaic-making skills at their Mosaic Night at 6 PM! You have a ton of crafty options to create for only $30. It may be a little bittersweet that it’s BYOB, but, hey, that makes for a fun time…
A week’s worth of gold, people. Straight gold. What are you most looking forward to?
Need to burn off some carbs after loading up on carbs this week? Check out these holiday 5Ks coming to Jax this winter!
View More Articles By Lexi Aughenbaugh