First and foremost all JAX Fray leagues are 50% Social and 50% Sport. We do have officials; however, we expect individuals to respect the league’s culture of fair and fun play. JAX Fray wants everyone to have a fun and be social while enjoying a great sport. JAX Fray will do whatever they can to make sure all players are having fun.
Social Darts Rules: The Game is CRICKET
– A match will consist of two teams playing a 1 round of cricket.
– Groups must have at least 6 players on their roster to be elevated to Team status.
– The league reserves the right to place free agent players on teams with fewer than 6 on their roster.
– Each team must have a minimum of 3 throwers per game. No player may throw more than 3 darts in a row, no more than 1 out of every 3 rounds.
– Teams will play on the same dart board throughout the match. Captains or a designated player will play Rock Paper Scissors (best of one) for the choice of what team throws first.
– Every dart must be thrown while standing with both feet on the ground and located behind the designated line. Violating this rule will result in a score of zero for darts thrown during the infraction.
– Darts that hit the scoring zone will be counted as long as they were on the board for longer than 3 seconds.
– Games will consist of one round of cricket with a 30 minute time limit. Games that hit the time limit will end with the number of marks on the board being recorded at that time.
– Each team will have 2 matchups minimum per night, 30 minutes each, scheduled before week 1 of games.
CRICKET: Each leg shall be American Cricket, using numbers 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15 and the Bulls-eye. Each player or Team must score each number 3 times to close that number, with singles counting 1, doubles counting 2 and triples counting 3, the outer bull counting 1 and the inner bull counting 2. A game is completed with all numbers, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15 and the Bulls-eye have been closed out. Team that closes out the board first wins, unless time has expired. If time has expired, team with most marks on the board, win. A player does not have to indicate (call) what number he/she is throwing at. Numbers may be closed in any order. The winner of a Leg shall be the player or Team to close all numbers (and the bulls-eye), provided he/she or it is tied or ahead in points.
Awards & Trophies
– At the end of each season, teams will be ranked based on games won and total score. There will be a postseason tournament for the league to crown a champion!
– Additional prizes and trophies may be given.
– Teams & players are encouraged to introduce themselves to their opponents prior to the start of each frame.
– Teams are encouraged to “line up” after their match and shake hands, give high fives, or otherwise congratulate their rivals.
– Darts is considered a game for the civilized and friendly. While healthy competition is encouraged, any player deemed to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner will be warned on their first instance, removed from the game on their second (and their score fore-fitted) and finally removed from the league on their 3rd infraction. Examples of unacceptable conduct include excessive badgering of players (to include cursing, shouting or heckling) and or excessively rude conduct to other bar patrons or bar staff. League Reps will have the final decision on any issues regarding enforcement of this rule.