Alright, you guys and girls are all looking for something fun to do. Maybe you just bought your spiffiest winter clothes, and you just can’t WAIT to rock them. Not to fret, there are always fun activities to do in Jacksonville, whether inside or out!
Wednesday, December 5
– My favorite thing to work hard for: beer. The best place to do it: Green Room. Join all your pals who want to work hard and play hard by running an easy 3-mile loop (or 5-mile run for the overachievers) that starts and ends at Green Room at 7 pm! Your drinks are discounted afterward, so that’s honestly why we all do it.
– Nothing like strolling downtown through some scenic art with a cute date…Could just win you some bonus points with all the romance in the air. The Downtown Jax Art Walk even has a holiday theme this time with real snow and a tree lighting.
Thursday, December 6
– Ready for the most lit Hanukkah ever? Hemming Park’s Annual Hanukkah Party at 4:30 is going to be totally LIT as they celebrate all related traditions for Hanukkah! Bring your Hanukkiah and fun spirit, as there will be games, crafts, and live music.
– Single? Engaged? Married? Over it? Status doesn’t matter. The Bridal Boutique, Love, is having a Holiday Soiree in Jax Beach with great deals from local vendors, music, and champagne! If you’re looking for any deals on love, come to check out this boutique.
Friday, December 7
– Ever heard of Zach Deputy or Mike Pinto? If not, they are instrumentalists and songwriters that specialize in live looping shows! If you don’t know what that is, then let me save you an explanation and just go check out the show! I hear their style is a mix of island-fused rock and reggae…so sounds perfect for Floridians.
– The quaint and historic town of Springfield is presenting the 32nd Annual Holiday Home Tour, where you can enjoy the magic of these beautiful homes that are over 100 years old! At this 2-night event, you can view the amazing interiors and stroll through the neighborhood, all decked out for the holidays!
Saturday, December 8
– This comes back bigger & better every year – the Jacksonville Ugly Sweater Bar Crawl!!! Starting at Ritz Bar, get all your friends and ugly sweaters, and drink your way through these boujee bars. It’s always free to show up and join the fun, but there are extra treats for anyone that buys a ticket.
– We all like sippin’ and we all like shoppin’, so let’s kill two birds with one stone at the Holiday Sip N’ Shop with Case + Drift! This holiday pop-up shop at Sailor’s Siren in Neptune Beach gives you the chance to shop local for a perfect holiday gift while sipping on your favorite alcoholic beverages.
Sunday, December 9
– Head to Candyland this Christmas at Jacksonville’s most beloved candy mansion, Sweet Pete’s Candy! With a ticket at the low low price of $6, how can you resist?! Activities include a Santa and letter-writing station, ornament-making, frozen candy experiments, and MORE.
– From 6-8pm, the FBC Jax Orchestra is returning with a present – A Christmas Symphony! With traditional Christmas music varying all the way to instrumental arrangements, it’s a magical celebration for anyone.
Monday, December 10
– Another mundane Monday. Wait, but is it?! We have Jax Illuminations going on! Grab some friends or go solo through a 1-mile drive-through light show. On Mondays, it’s only $20 per car with dozens of fun spectacles, like 300 feet tunnels of light, custom holiday scenes, and more!
– You may not like networking or educational events, but would you be more intrigued if there was free food? The Bold City Health team and Dr. Erin Zovath are coming to South Kitchen + Spirits to help us understand the importance of health and the role of our nervous system. Make a reservation, bring a friend, enjoy a free meal, and LEARN.
Tuesday, December 11
– We all enjoy wine and maybe we all enjoy painting? Well, I think painting sounds fun (and maybe it’s even better if you’re a bit buzzed). So get your artistic spirit in motion and go to the Wine Bar at 7 pm. It’s only $30 to create a cosmic jellyfish painting to take home!
– I know it seems like there is always trivia going on, but how about some old-person bingo? Just kidding, bingo is not only for old people…Or is it…? At Mellow Mushroom in Tinseltown, this bingo party starts at 7:30. It’s free to play and there are PRIZES. Need I say more?
Whether you like bingo, free food, or a bar crawl the most, you know you always got options in Jax, so make sure to share us on whatever you do this week by tagging #FrayLife #JaxFray on social.
Speaking of this week, if you’re craving the holiday winter wonderland experience, here are 4 places you can do so in Jax!
View More Articles By Lexi Aughenbaugh