Hanging around Jacksonville for the holidays? Need something to do to keep the mind busy and make your friends who are traveling jealous?
Look no further, we have the answers to all your last-minute Christmas to-do questions!
Wednesday, December 19
– This trivia is dedicated to the Griswold family Christmas, as it is every year, and it is a HOOT. At 7:30 pm, prepare yourself for five unique and challenging rounds that really test your knowledge on non-nutritive cereal varnishes, Aunt Bethany’s 80th Christmas and full shitters!
– Who wants a simpler, last-minute way to see the Jacksonville Symphony with their wonderful holiday music? Hit up the Jacksonville Symphony Pop-Up Concert from 6-8pm at Cowford Chophouse… you will be AMAZED with this special holiday performance!
Thursday, December 20
– So if you did the National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation trivia the day before and just absolutely FAILED, then you need to brush up on it…with the movie’s showing at The Cookbook! From 6-11, get a friend, eat some good grub, and get in the holiday spirit!
– The Phoenix Bar & Bowling is the SPOT to BE with their first Little Lebowski Bowling Tournament! Teams of 4 to 6 people are welcome to compete with winners receiving $250 and four Aardwolf shirts! It’s only $60 to register a team and join in on the festivities, so hurry up and get bowling!
Friday, December 21
– Feliz Navidad! Celebrate with Latin music for Christmas in front of this 56-foot-tall tree! Plus you get to enjoy food vendors, drink specials, and a great holiday atmosphere. 7 pm at your favorite – The Jacksonville Landing.
– With a classic Christmas movie starting at 6:30 pm, come out to Southside United Methodist Church! ‘Tis a surprise what this jolly film will be, but bring your blankets and chairs to have a cozy good time.
Saturday, December 22
– With mimosas for only $3, get yourself a nice buzz and possibly meet a handsome fellow under the mistletoe at The Cookbook! Mistletoe & Mimosas will have both cocktail and appetizer specials available, so get ready for some fun.
– Live music by Akia Wanda, DJ Dr. Doom, and DJ Dre 1…Come check out some of the up and coming musical artists in Jacksonville at Christmas on the River at the Aetna Building allll night. From 8pm-2am, the show is going down so get a ticket now!
Sunday, December 23
– As one of Riverside’s and Avondale’s premier celebrations, Luminaria commemorates the holiday season by walking amongst sidewalk candles as a fun, social event! With over 20,000 candles on display, it sure is scenic and fun!
– Want a beautiful light show amongst some zoo animals and scenery? Yeah, me too. Zoo Lights starts at 6 pm so bring a cute date and wander through this magical spectacle to lay on the charm. Get yourself a $10 ticket and a warm coat!
Monday, December 24
– At Wicked Barley Brewing Co, let’s eat, drink, and be merry with a Christmas Eve Brunch at 9 am! With a menu featuring biscuits n’ gravy, French toast bites, and much more, a mimosa could do you well and start the holidays off right!
– Maybe you still haven’t had a chance to make it out to Deck the Chairs. Now that it’s Christmas Eve, you should have plenty of time to relax and get in the spirit! So head out to the SeaWalk Pavilion and walk through these beautiful Christmas scenes.
Tuesday, December 25 – CHRISTMAS
– Nothing is going on because you should enjoy the day off and time with your families!
I hope your week leading up to Christmas is full of fun activities all throughout Jacksonville with plenty of time to be merry, relax, and have a festive holiday…and don’t forget to tag using #FrayLife and #JaxFray, so we can follow along during your amazing holiday adventures.
Speaking of the holidays– need some last-minute gift ideas that are #FrayLife approved? Check out our official holiday gift guide!
View More Articles By Lexi Aughenbaugh