We hope you had a spectacular January and are ready to plunge into February! We are now in the shortest month of the year, so we need to find as many opportunities as we can to live it up and make it last! With the cold weather coming to a close in Jacksonville, there is plenty to do both inside and out.
Friday, February 1
– Movie Night & Hot Dog Party – If you’re ready to bundle up for an outdoor movie at Cultivate, bring your chair, blanket, and all your friends for their Movie Night & Hot Dog Party! This event is completely free, so BYOB and prepare to eat some tasty dogs at 6 pm.
Saturday, February 2
– Underdark 2019 Bottle Release – The Underdark – a vast, dangerous place where few brave souls have journeyed and never come back…Intuition Ale is launching their new Underdark bottle release of 2019! If you’re bold and ready to try out this daring new beer, come out at 10 am to have some fun!
Sunday, February 3 – SUPER SUNDAY
– Super Bowl Parties – If you’re ready to turn up for Super Bowl LIII and really want to find the most happening parties in Jax, then read this article for a total list! BUT if you are rooting specifically for the PATRIOTS, head to Wild Wing Cafe on Southside as early as 1 pm. With trivia contests, autographed memorabilia, and prizes, this place is the spot for Patriots-lovers.
Tuesday, February 5
– Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Farewell Play Tour – If you don’t know much about Tyler Perry, he is an actor, filmmaker, and comedian, AND you should definitely go to his Farewell Play Tour at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena at 7 pm! If you’re ready to laugh and be as amused as one can be a Tuesday night, get yo ticket folks.
Wednesday, February 6
– Staglin Wine Dinner – The Staglin Family Vineyard is treating all of us at 6:30 pm for a private Wine Dinner! All you have to do is get your ticket, dress up all snazzy, and show up to Cowford Chophouse. There will be handcrafted dishes from the executive chef and special guests!
Thursday, February 7
– Speed Dating – Love is in the air. After all, it is only a week before Valentine’s Day…Go get yourself a valentine at Hyperion Brewing Company at their speed dating event! Skip the awkwardness of figuring out how to introduce yourself and simply sit down and say hi. Code “FBJAX” gets you a $5 discount!
Friday, February 8
– Social Go Karting! – Let’s go to zee Autobahn! Not the one in Germany…but the one here in Jax! I know it’s not the same thrill as racing a car around at 200 mph BUT you can still race in some social go karting against all your new & old friends for PRIZES. Plus, when you get a ticket, it actually gets you a Speedway License for the whole YEAR. Don’t miss out!
Saturday, February 9
– Family Farm Day – Maybe you have kids or maybe you just want your boyfriend to take you to see cute farm animals…either way, Family Farm Day at Little Peeps is always a blast. With a chance to feed animals, gather eggs, cuddle bunnies, and milk goats, why not come out for some good outdoor time?! 9:30 am – start your day off right.
Sunday, February 10
– Valentine’s Day Workshop – You aren’t sure what to get your valentine…Well, how about a hand-made heart paperweight? Or vase? Or glass flower? It can all be done at Burnt Glassworks this Sunday at noon! Head into the studio and give glassblowing a go. After all, it’s in the name of love.
Wednesday, February 13
– Avondale Arts & Farmer’s Market – For 3 hours this Wednesday, you get the chance to support local businesses and search for that perfect Valentine’s Day Gift at the Avondale Arts & Farmer’s Market, starting at 5 pm! Get your girl and let her pick the gift of her choosing, my romantic lads.
– The Notebook Trivia – Agh, a CLASSIC movie. The Notebook. And just in time for Valentine’s Day! If you are someone who has gone all teary-eyed watching this movie or simply someone trying to impress a lady with your “sensitivity,” then come show off at Lola’s Burrito & Burger Joint for their Trivia Night!
Thursday, February 14 – Valentine’s Day!
– Biscuits and Bouquets – With cutesy sandwiches like “Stuck on You Biscuit” and “Sweet Heart Waffle”, who can miss out on this delicious Biscuits and Bouquets event at Maple Street Biscuit in San Marco? If you want to win a lunch for two, this is your chance to do it. Come on out and get in the Valentine’s Day spirit with your sweetheart.
– Valentine’s Party – If you want a really romantic night filled with wine, food, and dancing…Oh, and the event is FREE, then grab your date and head to St. Augustine’s San Sebastian Winery. From 7-11 pm, they are ready to instill the magic in your night and make it a memorable Valentine’s Day.
Saturday, February 16
– Jacksonville Manatee Festival – The manatee…the seacow…Florida’s most beloved and endangered (and ridiculously cute) animal. Join in on all the fun at the Jacksonville Zoo from 10 am-2 pm to celebrate the Manatee Festival! There will be live music, food, games, and manatee education.
– Void’s 100th Issue Party – February 16th marks 100 issues of Void Magazine, so, of course, we have to celebrate! Starting at 1 pm, there will be a vendor market, highlight reel slideshow, live music, food, and drink specials all for this throwback-styled party! If you’re a Jax Beach lover and read Void (or don’t even read it), this is the go-to event!
Sunday, February 17
– Valentine’s Day Market for Makers – Maybe you’re in a long-distance relationship and you had to wait until the weekend to celebrate Valentine’s Day…or maybe you’re just late. Either way, this Valentine’s edition Market at the Glass Factory is a great chance to discover DIY classes, enjoy photo walls, score on lunch deals, and get many Valentine-themed trinkets!
Monday, February 18
– Monday Night Trivia – Mellow Mushroom is always the spot for some Monday night fun. If you’re bored and wondering what to do, then you already KNOW to head out to Mellow at 7:30 pm with some friends to show off all your trivia skills. Keep in mind that you can always win prizes!
Wednesday, February 20
– Speed Dating – JAX Fray is at it again with some…SPEED DATING! If you are searching for a special fish in the sea and enjoy beer & socializing, then why not take a chance at Intuition Ale Works? I mean, come on, I know you don’t have anything else to do at 7 pm on a Wednesday…
Thursday, February 21
– TobyMac Tour – TobyMac is coming to the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena on his Deep Hits Tour! So if you’re into Christian alternative and rap, hop on it while the tickets are still affordable! Even if you’re not sure, this guy is basically a legend so it’s definitely worth your time.
Saturday, February 23
– Ortega River Run – 1st Place Sports always gives us some fun races to look forward to, but there’s nothing like the 5 mile Ortega River Run! Or, for my lazier people, the 1 mile run. A great event for the whole family or just anyone that enjoys a good ‘ole road race, come out at 8 am and show off your speed.
Sunday, February 24
– World of Nations Celebration – Right off of Gator Bowl Blvd, the 27th annual World Nations Celebration is going down at 10 am. As you travel through this World of Nations, try many new cuisines, experience new artistry, and learn about new customs. Great time for all friends and family!
Monday, February 25
– Curling Night in Jacksonville – If you’re a first-time curler, then you can curl for FREE at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena at Curling Night at 8 pm! All skill levels are welcome as the Jacksonville Granite Curling Club prepares for the 2019 Winter League. So whether you’re looking to join long term or just one night, give it whirl.
Tuesday, February 26
– Beer Bingo – So you’re essentially playing bingo at Tabula Rasa to compete for beer. But you can also just buy beer as you play and then still win beer…so you’d be pretty hammered by the end, but, hey, you’d be having a ball. Every Tuesday at 7 pm, come out for some fun!
Wednesday, February 27
– Hip Hop vs. Reggaeton – Myth Nightclub is throwing down with their XXcess Wednesdays, starting at 9 pm. Be prepared to rage all night as they do a Hip Hop vs. Reggaeton battle! Ladies get $2 drinks until midnight and EVERYBODY receives free entry all night long with only $3 fireball shots!
Thursday, February 28
– Grazing Board Workshop – It’s the last day of February, so why not round out the month with a workshop? It will only make you smarter and more knowledgeable! Construct your own personal wooden board with a perfect graze on top at the Grazing Board Workshop at 6:30 pm. If you’re ready to add a personal touch to your home, this is the chance to do it!
Okay, my party people. That’s it for February! So now that we are 2 months into the new year, I hope you are making the most of it. And if you are worried that you’re not, take advantage of all that there is to do in Jacksonville!
View More Articles By Lexi Aughenbaugh